Sunday, May 25, 2014

I'm Heeeeeerrrrrreeeee!


Flight took off from JFK about an hour late because of mechanical issues.   Totally smooth flight, great service, so so food.  We arrived in Rabat about 11:30 am.  Our tour director is Mohammed and our bus driver is Mohammed (sounds like a VERY popular name).  Once I got my room, I dropped my bags and headed out to explore.  Very, very busy capital city.  Found the Hassan II Tower,

Mausoleum of Mohammed V (grandfather of the present King, Mohammad VI),


 walked down Rue du Consuls (main shopping street in the old town)




and purchased two pendants (Hand of Fatima and a Fibula).

 
The locals are so friendly.  I totally forgot that the connector used to upload photos to my iPad for the blog are different.  The connector has the wide connection - what a bummer.   Will have to figure out something.    Also, over half the group of the travelers in our group are quite a bit younger than me.  Wonder if I can keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment